Rules & Regulations
1. Must be a Dachshund or mix breed dachshund (hapa)
2. All Doxies (purebred or mixed breed) need to be registered. Registration can be obtained online or day of race.
3. All owners must agree to their registration release in the provided location or their registration will be void. Refunds will not be given if release forms are not provided.
4. Participants agree to allow video/photos and all media publications of themselves and dogs.
5. All humans are required to sign a consent and waiver releasing event sponsors and volunteers from all liabilities.
6. Dog’s names will be called twice before their respective heats; if your dog is not at the gate at the time of the assigned heat, you may sign up for a later.
7. Two human limit (this includes children) can accompany each contestant; a releaser and a catcher. If you have more than one dachshund with you, the other must stay off the course while one is racing. Please have someone watch your other dog while racing the contestant. The releaser puts the dog in the shoot. NO tossing or pushing of dogs. The catcher must stay clearly BEHIND the HUMAN line ten feet behind the finish line. Only one catcher at the finish line per dog.
8. You can have a favorite toy to encourage your dog. No treats or food permitted on the track.
9. Please be aware of veterinary emergency clinics locations before the day of the race just in case. There may be some on-site vet First Aid. All injury costs are responsibility of participant.
10. A winner is declared when the first dog crosses the finish line. If it is close between 2 dogs, the first nose to cross the finish line wins by photo finish.
11. All Judges Rulings are final!
12. No selling of dogs, puppies or any other animals at the derby.
13. ABSOLUTELY no mishandling or physical abuse of dogs will be tolerated.
14. DO NOT leave animals in car. Event staff reserves the right to involve the proper authorities if an animal is deemed at risk.
15. All dogs must be socialized and leashed. NO FEMALES IN HEAT!!
16. All creatures great and small must clean up after themselves-PLEASE bring waste bags.
17. Dogs must wear their Velcro hanky to participate in each heat. Owners will receive this upon registration check in and may keep after the race.
Rules & Regulations